1. Stanley Mesh Case, $25
2. Echo Design Infinity Scarf, $42
3. Occasion Sunglasses, $12
4. Meg Bracelet, $21
5. Geo Black Bib, $15.75
6. Aloha Clutch, $42.50
HE LOOK: A modern take on classic, 40s waves
INSPIRATION: Inspired by the sleek and beautiful lines of Reese Witherspoon’s dress, celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel gave the Best Actress Nominee a deep middle part that transitioned into soft cascading waves for the red carpet tonight. “I wanted to play up the duality of texture and create a look that had strength and softness at the same time,” said Adir.
Here is his step-by-step breakdown:
1. Dakota Johnson in a Saint Laurent dress, Forevermark Diamonds jewelry, and Bally bag
2. Cate Blanchett in Martin Margiela Couture
3. Naomi Watts in Armani
4. Reese Witherspoon in Tom Ford
5. Emma Stone in Elie Saab Haute Couture
6. Rosamund Pike in Givenchy
7. Julianne Moore in Chanel and Fred Leighton jewelry
8. Sienna Miller in Oscar de la Renta and Forevermark diamond jewelry
Here are five things we’re super into this week:
1. This Cat Tipi – I want it for my cat Mr. Waffle Fry – Hw cute? And only $54!
2. This New Neutral Shade from Essie’s spring collection called ‘Picked Perfect.’
3. This Deluxe Butternut Mac n’ Tease recipe from mynewroots.com. It’s dairy-free (and gluten-free if you sub in rice pasta).
4. A Military Button-Up for tucking in and out of every pant. Only $58.
5. A Great Article on the pros and cons of juicing from a paleo/nutrient-dense perspective via Chris Kresser.
Here is the recipe for the infamous cookie shots inspired by Dominique Ansel’s Bakery
A few years ago, we were introduced to one of our favorite shoe brands, Repetto, and the rest is history. What makes this brand so special? Repetto uses “stitch and return” to hand make its iconic ballerina flats and loafers, which translates into shoes as soft and flexible as true ballet slippers. Feel like you’re floating on air when you walk (and rock) the red carpet. Shown above: “Michael” black patent loafers ($350), “Cendrillon” blue suede ballerina flats ($295) and “Brigitte” pointy-toe ballerina flats ($380).
If you ask us, wrapping gifts is half the fun of gift-giving. Even if you don’t have the perfect present inside, putting a little something extra into your wrap job always impresses the giftee. Click on Brit+ Co’s how-to here for three easy ways to gussy up your already-wrapped gifts and make them even more Instagram-worthy. How can you not love these? Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day! xo Chic Tweak
French Macaron Valentines For Your Bae
Happy Month of Love!
Known for bringing an American twist to the quintessential French macaron, Dana’s Bakery is elevating the traditional Valentine treats with an exclusive collection of new flavors. Inspired by the iconic Necco Sweetheart treats, the collection features candy-colored cookies in decadent flavors printed with classic heartfelt messages.
Dana’s Bakery Sweetheart Macarons ($35 for box of 12);
Now that we’ve seen all the glamorous looks hit the Grammys red carpet, we’ve narrowed down our top picks below. (Don’t see your favorite? Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments!)
1. Beyonce in Proenza Schouler
2. Katy Perry in Zuhair Murad
3. Zendaya in Vivienne Westwood
4. Taylor Swift in Elie Saab
5. Charli XCX in Moschino
6. Gwen Stefani in Atelier Versace
FRIEND PARTY is a collection of artist-created balloons for birthdays, holidays, or any time you need to celebrate with a little something special. Each round, six new friends will create six new designs, available in short batches… so get them quick!
Each artist’s twitter/instagram is listed so you can share your celebrations with them. Let’s keep this party going!
There’s a limited batch each time around, and you can get a pack here for $12.
It’s the beginning of February and with the winter still lingering on, I know we all could use a little pep in our step. I have always been a fan of challenges and after coming across the dayzeroproject I couldn’t help but want to participate! The timeline is realistic (about 2.75 years to complete your list) and allows you to really organize and plan your tasks.
1. Create your list of 101 things you want to accomplish.
2. Go out and do it!
Disappointed in the lackluster snowfall from Juno? Get all the ice you need this winter with shimmering jewelry from the Saint Vintage Couture Collection. The charity jewelry line combines vintage and antique embellishments, semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals, antique glass, vintage beads and antique pearls, Saint Vintage necklaces, earrings and bracelets for designs that will shine throughout the season. What’s best? Every piece in the Saint Vintage collection donates up to 50% back to cancer research. The Saint Vintage Couture collection retails for under $250 online, HERE
Need some tips on how to plan an awesome Super Bowl party? There are so many different options when it comes to Super Bowl party ideas. Just don’t lose sight of what that night is all about: football, food, and fun.
We found these adorable, easy & quick treats on The Celebration Shoppe
– Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
– Wooden Spoons
– Rubbermaid Storage Containers
– White Cake Icing
– Resealable Bag
– Icing Tip #4 and Connector
– Optional: Chocolate Sprinkles
1. Using a Sharpie, draw football plays, referee stripes or team colors on wooden spoons
2. Unwrap your ice creams and lay them on a sheet of wax paper or in Rubbermaid container
3. Pierce one end of the ice cream with a knife so that your wooden spoons can be inserted easily later
4. Cut the edge of resealable bag, insert your icing connector and tip, spoon in icing and pipe football design
5. Place in Rubbermaid container and freeze until guests arrive.
6. Insert wooden spoons, sprinkle container with chocolate sprinkles (to finish the look) and serve.
Tip: If you serve them at halftime and they’re hard frozen, they should last the full 30 minutes!
Let’s get straight to business: There’s a lot of looks to discuss from the 2015 SAG Awards!
1. Keira Knightly in Erdom
2. Kaley Cuoco in Romona Keveza
3. Emma Stone in Dior
4. Lupita Nyong’o in Elie Saab
5. Reese Withrespoon in Armani
6. Sarah Hyland in Vera Wang
“What do I get him for Valentine’s Day?”
Yes, it is true that this special day is meant for the ladies, but a man deserves some fun treats too! I am one to plan ahead, so this Valentine’s Day I am going to show up with a 6 pack of his favorite beer in one arm & my DIY “bouquet of roses” in the other.
Manly goodies to use as roses:
4. Beef Jerky
Keep charged and carry on! Launching for SS15, PUNCHCASE by Leslie Hsu, the fashionable tech accessory brand is introducing phone charger bags into their collection of functional double duty designs. Letting you charge on the go, chargers (which can be used with any USB cord) will be available in three new silhouettes: Perry, Gigi and Rivington. Each style is available in an array of chic spring hues and styles including neon perforated, raffia, leopard calf hair, and more, retailing from $139-199 online at www.punchcase.com.
Created for the modern, multitasking woman in mind, PUNCHCASE transforms an ordinary cell phone cover into a clever wallet/purse that securely holds your smartphone or e-tablet, while giving you complete access to it. Combing the workmanship of designer handbags with practicality, founder and fashion industry veteran Leslie Hsu has developed statement pieces including wallets, pouches, totes and cross body bags designed in a hip mix of materials and hardware including at an affordable price point.
Perry—a chic envelope clutch